Thank you so much to our outstanding community for adapting to the challenges of the time and being dedicated to Jewish education. We ran a whole semester of classes online and it was a ton of fun!
A few things that we did:
- Started the year by making our own lulav and etrog along with setting our intentions for the year
- Learned about midrashim (stories used to fill in parts of Torah stories) and wrote our own
- Led the congregation in a successful Out of the Cold clothing drive by learning about homelessness and making posters
- Read stories about children in the Holocaust and connected their values and experiences to our own lives
- Explored the connection of many religions around the world
- Made sure we were familiar with the aleph-bet and incorporated Hebrew words into our everyday life – we can all now say “I know a little Hebrew”
- In our Jewish Art elective, we learned about Jewish artists, explored imagery, and made our own art which we displayed for our families
- In our Jewish Music elective, we listened to music from centuries ago, explored the evolution of Jewish music, and made a new song together with original lyrics and beats
- Celebrated Chanukkah together by lighting the candles, presenting our electives projects, and playing dreidel
- Did a Chanukkah Drive-Thru Party with sufganiyot, gift donations to Chai Lifeline, and magic from DooDoo the Clown!
We have more fun planned for 2021, and are so excited to continue learning together!