We are happy to provide creative, inclusive Jewish education for students in SK-Grade 6. We are based at Congregation Habonim in Toronto, though our programming will look different this year.
Hebrew and Jewish Studies
Classes are held on Sunday mornings from 10am-12pm.
- Hebrew language basics – reading, writing, conversation
- Jewish living – values and ethics, holidays and rituals, and Tikkun Olam and social justice
- Jewish studies – Torah, Israel, prayers, history, stories, and heroes
What you can expect:
- Creative, age-appropriate activities, which will be adapted for either in-person or online learning using clear pedagogic model
- Fantastic teachers and facilitators
- Lots of art – music, drama, visual arts
- Students choose chugim, or electives, to more deeply learn about a topic that speaks to them and create something to present to the school
- Family activities, including take-home Shabbat and holiday activities – we want everyone to be involved in making Judaism come alive!
Our learning will begin this year as a hybrid model of outdoor and online learning, based on health recommendations and weather, until such a time as we can be together indoors safely.
Our program is progressive, egalitarian, feminist, and anti-Racist.
We are dedicated to creating radically inclusive spaces, and will be taking opportunities to be involved in social justice work together as a community.
B’nai Mitzvah Preparation
We also offer B’nai Mitzvah instruction with instructor Suzanne Hersh, as well as group classes on Sundays, in the afternoon (exact time to be confirmed).
You can find answers to common questions about our B’nai Mitzvah program here: B’nai Mitzvah FAQs
For more information about the B’nai Mitzvah instruction program, please contact Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in a position as a teacher with us, please see the job description here.
For further information about our offerings, please fill out the form below.